Posted: August 29, 2018
Supplies: All courses need a USB, headphones, binder, paper and pen.
Late assignment policy:
- To get full marks, assignments need to be handed in by the assigned due date.
- For every date late, after the assignment due date, 10% will be deducted from the mark (up to a maximum of 40%). Weekends count as one day.
- If a student is absent on a due date, a written excuse from a parent or guardian must be presented upon the student’s return, or the late-day deductions will apply.
- A student’s mark cannot be lower than 60% given that the student deserves a passing grade on the assignment to begin with. Any work getting a mark of less than 60% will receive that grade.
- In order to be graded, all work must be handed in no later than 2 weeks after the given due date of the assignment. Term marks are final.
BLMS Attendance Incentive –
Exams are normally worth 30% of students’ mark. To reach Academic Incentive, a student must meet the following criteria:
1) Miss 5 or fewer classes in that particular subject (school activities exempted); AND
2) Be in good standing (not owing for assignments, projects, etc.)
The subject teacher will then apply one of the three following options to the student’s advantage:
1) 15% Final Exam, 85% Class Mark
2) 50% Final Exam, 50% Class Mark
Extra help is available at lunch upon request.
Quizzes and Tests 30%
Classroom and homework 20%
Final evaluation project shows knowledge of all the units
Graphic Arts – period 4
This course is designed with the intention of learning how to critically appreciate and create graphic designs. Students will explore taking and editing images. This course can be an introductory for students interested in doing design as a career or for personal use like making cards, posters, brochures and re-touching pictures. The emphasis of this course is on continuous learning as a community of learners. Students with limited computer skills can do very well in this course; however, students with irregular attendance are not likely to succeed as all the work is done in class using our software.
Materials: Sketchbook or duotang with blank paper
Daily sketchbook 10%
Workflow, planning and team work 20%
Coop MAKE 120 – period 5
Tentative marking scheme
Work habits 34%
Final project that includes aspects of all of the previous units