Posted: May 15, 2018
Posted: May 15, 2018
Choose an endangered animal and do a project. The way you present your findings in your choice but you must research this:
- Some key points about the animal and their habitat
- Human impact on the animals and their environment
- What is being done to help those animals?
- What more do you suggest should be done?
You can choose how you want to share your learning but you must present it to the class - powerpoint, poster, live action role play...
Also remember to finish up your sustainable house - it should reflect you and as many environmentally friendly design ideas you can squish into one abode.
Posted: May 9, 2018
1. What are some types of renewable energy? Why is that good for the environment? (2)
2. What are some types of non-renewable energy? Why is that bad for the environment (2)
3. Why do companies choose to move towards green energy? (3)
4. What consumes the most electricity in your house? (2)
5. What time of day is peak energy use at your house? Explain. (3)
6. In what ways can you change your energy use? (3)
7. If you were to build a house (with lots of money to spend) what would you incorporate into the design to make it more energy efficient? (5)
Posted: May 9, 2018
- Web design unit (you have one week!)
- (A) Create a webpage = Weebly http://www.weebly.com/ or Wordpress wordpress.com or http://www.wix.com/- create a fanpage/business website inluding pictures, links and text - a minimum of three pages
- (B) Code academy https://www.codecademy.com/ - 2% for each page completed - yes you can get bonus marks - MUST BE an INDEPENDANT searcher/worker
Posted: April 27, 2018
Watch a stop motion video done by previous students which can be found on the right and evaluate them using the rubric. Write out at least 2 positive comments and 2 suggestions of how it could be better. BE DETAILED and SPECIFIC.
Posted: April 26, 2018
Type up your lab. SEE ATTACHED for your evaluation rubric and guide to writing a lab.
Statement of the Problem:
2) Background Information:
3) Hypothesis: if/then/because
4) Development (materials and procedures)
- Analyze your results and explain it to the world - be scientific explaining what you proved with your experiment
- Ex. The shell that was in lemon juice for 13 days with a pH of 5 experienced a change in weight of 12%. It was also observed that the colour changed, 5 2mm holes were formed and the shell became very brittle breaking easily with slight hand pressure.
Conclusion: THIS PART IS INDIVIDUAL - the rest of the lab can be in your groups - I want to see your thinking here!
- Answer your intital question
- Explain whether your hypothesis was correct
- Explain any potential mistakes in this experiment (like evaporation)
- How can this information be applied to the real world problem of the rise in ocean acidification?
- What further research could be done in our lab and out on the oceans to learn more about this problem?
Posted: April 23, 2018
1. How many tons of seafood are harvested each year?
2. Why did the carbon footprint increase for fisheries since the 90’s?
3. Do you think that seafood carbon footprint labelling is a good idea? Why does Susanna Fuller argue that eating fish has a lower carbon footprint than other protein?
4. What is by-catch?
5. Should all food be labelled for carbon footprint?
6. What level of government would be responsible for such a food labelling program?
7. For someone labeling carbon footprint do you think that they should consider – fuel? Equipment manufacture? By-catch? Waste of the animal? Waste for cleaning? How far the markets are from where the food is produced (transportation costs)? Damage done to the local environment? Packaging?
8. Is there a way to make reducing our carbon footprint easier for the consumer to make an informed choice?
Posted: April 12, 2018
1. Day one - Watch videos and be inspired http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5FD139470EBED433&feature=mh_lolz
2. Watch the classroom videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-ebVabMpuGBLhyeIy5HhWg and do a storyboard.
3. Use the rubric below to mark a previous student's stop motion which can be found on the right. Be sure to put at least 150 words worth of comments and suggestions.
3. Day two - story boardDay three - Start taking picturesDay four, five, six... - Take more picturesNext day - Import pictures to E drive in your own folder on that computer, start looking for sounds you need sound effects. Save the sounds on that same computer and record your own sounds, Background music http://www.jamendo.com/en/ Sound effects - http://soundbible.Curriculum
The student will be able to...Use shot lists or storyboards to plan a video sequenceshoot a sequenceimport video into a projectperform basic video editing tasksknow appropriate video size, resolution, frame rate and formatsexport file format/settings are appropriate for playbackcreate multi-track projectsimport existing audio into a projectrecord audio in softwareperform basic audio editing tasksunderstand the basic principle of animationadd music/audio to an animation
Posted: April 3, 2018
Use the video provied to cut the video of yourself waving and place it in a new background. Tutorial below.
Posted: March 26, 2018
- Extra-terreste - le 27 mars
- Chute de l'oeuf - le 29 mars
- Photos du soleil, la lune et les constellations - le 3 avril
- Journaux et conculsions - le 3 avril (1. Si tu avais plus de temps et accès à plus de matériels quels changements ferais-tu à ta construction? (3 points) 2. Quelles innovations dans les véhicules modernes sont les plus importantes pour protéger ceux à l’intérieur? Explique. (3 points) 3. Analyse et explique comment ton content a protégé (ou pas protégé ton œuf)? Comment est-ce que ton contenant a protégé l’œuf de la gravité (4 points)? 4. Comment est-ce que les choses que tu as apprises au sujet de la protection de ton œuf pourraient s’appliquer aux lancement des fusées et sondes spatiaux? (2 points))
- Question du Big-Bang - le 9 avril
- Questions des humains dans l'espace
- Test - le 11 avril
Posted: March 16, 2018
Answer the questions attached. Group questions - due Wednesday March 21st.
Posted: March 13, 2018
Class Key: 5c9fce
Posted: March 2, 2018
Posted: February 25, 2018
- Research another photoshop artist. Include some examples of their work. Compare to Erik Johannson's work. Which do you prefer? Why? What makes these artists outstanding? Write about 150 words. Organize your thoughts and give good examples. Include pictures or links to pictures in your reflection.
- You have a choice ANIMAL MERGE or TRANSFORM A PERSON.
- Merge two animals. Be inspired by clicking here. You can also choose to do an animal and a fruit etc…. Go through the lesson attached. It shows you how to change colours and the displacement map is great for substiuting textures (fur/feathers etc.)
- A complete transformation of a person that you photographed yourself like Avatar, smurf, vampire, zombie, devil, supermodel, beat-up person.... Here is a link to a great Avatar tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwXbl9-I7nU
Posted: February 25, 2018
Créer un modèle du système solaire en groupe de 2 à 3. Tu vas continuer à réviser et ajouter au modèle pendant l'unité.
Qu'est-ce qui doit être inclut:
- la révolution de la Terre
- la rotation de la Terre
- l'axe de la Terre
- le soleil
- la Terre
- la révolution de la lune
- une compréhension d'une unité astronomique
- une compréhension d'une année-lumière
- Alpha (Proxima) de Centaure