Posted: December 3, 2018
Posted: November 28, 2018
All schools are open today - the field trip is going. And we can use the Salmon River road so there will be drop offs in Harcourt, Bass River, Elsipogtog and at the school. Bus leaves at 8:35.
Posted: November 27, 2018
- Carte blanche # 1 - provinces, territoires, villes capitales, coloriée
- Carte de relief - villes capitales, les régions physiographiques
- Page de latitude/lognitude et fuseaux horraires
- Quiz - continents, océans, latitude/longitude, fuseaux horraires http://www.jeux-geographie.fr/
Posted: November 2, 2018
- Sphero https://edu.sphero.com/cwists/category#theme_tags=%5B75%2C71%2C24%5D&ord...
- Mbot - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG151fSiNrg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XDe2JaJ3b4&t=11s
- micro-bit https://microbit.org/ideas/
- Makey makey - human/banana piano (or guitare...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkPt9MYqDW0
Posted: November 2, 2018
Créer une affiche, une carte et un partage de culture (une activité, nourriture ou musique à partager avec la classe). Ça doit bien représente la région et tu dois offrir une explication pour ton choix. Le français doit être corrigé, clair et facile à comprendre bonpatron.com
1.Ressources et industries,
3.provinces, territoires, grandes villes,
4.attractions (Grands objets? Parc d’attraction? Musées?),
9.grands groupe d’immigrants qui sont établi dans la région et
10.group de Première Nations, Inuits ou Métis qui y vivent.
11.trouve l’origine d’un des noms de ta région ex. Richibucto = rivière de feu
Posted: November 1, 2018
- Finish zombie
- Cultural appropriation - (this article is facinating to me: https://www.currentaffairs.org/2017/09/the-question-of-cultural-appropri...)
- Define where you think the line is between cultural appropriation and cultural sharing. Use a picture from the internet to make your definition more concrete. Paste the two images in your reflection.
- Does the discussion of cultural appropriation infringe on freedom of speech?
- What do you think about author Brihana Joy Gray's suggestions - "A few simple questions can help us think about specific cases: (1) Is there a historic record of exploitation between the appropriator and the originating group? (2) Is the originating group and its culture being celebrated, appreciated, and respected, or are they being degraded, mocked and accessorized? (There’s a difference between Eminem’s genuine relationship to the environment of 8 Mile Road and his immersion in Detroit hip hop and, say, a person wearing a tacky, cruelly stereotypical, and cartoonish Mexican Halloween costume.) (3) Is the appropriator actually to be the owner or innovator, or allowing the media to create a false origin narrative? (E.g. Elvis as the “King” or Miley Cyrus’s “invention” of twerking.) (4) Is differential economic enrichment occurring? Is the cultural product more valuable in the hands of the appropriator, and does that have wider financial or political consequences for certain groups?"
Watch a video from the series "Abstract" on Netflix and write a half page journal of your thoughts or observations while watching.
Example: It was amazing when s/he did ____________. I never realized that ___________________. I would like to try ________________. It wourld be really cool if_____________
Re-design a terrible piece of graphic design from the internet. Use white space and rule of thirds to really make your image more balanced and attractive.
(In Photo-shop, press Ctrl-K to open your Preferences. Click on Guides, Grid & Slices from the list on the left and change the settings for the Grid section as follows: Gridline every 100 percent, Subdivisions 3, and click OK. When you turn on the grid by pressing Ctrl-‘(apostrophe) a rule-of-thirds grid will be superimposed over the image.)
Posted: October 15, 2018
- Create a cup - Tinkercad tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syIu4fRLHkk
(you must create an account or your work will not be saved – it’s free)
2. 3D printing - What are five things that would improve your life by 3D printing? If you were not limited by ability what is something you would like to make on our 3D printer? What are the dangers of 3D printing? What are three possibilities for the future of 3D printing? 150 words - indroduction, evidence/examples, conclustion
Posted: October 15, 2018
1. Find a problem that needs a solution that you can provide. Develop a sophisticated project that you can complete in two weeks.
2. Prepare your project proposal – see below
3. Gather materials MAKE SURE YOU ARE ABLE TO GET THE NEEDED MATERIALS soon enough to be working away in class
4. JOURNAL, JOURNAL, JOURNAL your process. Also document your process with pictures and video
DUE: Project Proposal must be completed AND submitted by Wednesday, October 17, 2018. Project must be completed by October 31st.
Posted: October 11, 2018
Posted: October 5, 2018
Merge two animals. Be inspired by looking at photoshopped animals on youtube. You can also choose to do an animal and a fruit etc…. Go through the lesson attached. It shows you how to change colours and the displacement map is great for substiuting textures (fur/feathers etc.)
Posted: October 3, 2018
Posted: October 2, 2018
Holten Cemetery (1/2) [soldier bio from each school]
Holten Service (Full) [wreaths, poems, what we ask for on their end...]
Groesbeek (Full) [no official ceremony, soldier story?
Sunset March/Nijmegan (Full) [historical blurb, memorial/laying?]
Vught Concentration Camp (1/4?) [victim bio from each school]
Adegem Cemetery (Full? maybe 1/2) [soldier bio?] No official Ceremony
Passchendaele Canada Gate (Full) [pier 21 connection]
Tyne Cot Cemetery (Full) [soldier bio?]
Ypres- Menin Gate (Full) [wreath laying? poem?] Upon request , the Last Post Association allows individuals or groups who support our mission to take part in an extended version of the ceremony. During this extended version, the participants can lay a wreath (which they must provide themselves) to commemorate the fallen. Bands, choirs, etc. who wish to perform as part of the ceremony must submit an application in advance
•German Cemetery (1/3) [German side?]
• Ring of Remembrance (1/3) [soldier bio?]
• Beaumont-Hamel (1/3) [soldier bio?]
• Arromanches 360/town
• Juno Beach Center
• Tailleville (ceremony Full) [collaboration with Westlake Brothers Souvenir
(D-Day survivors Full) [where? set up? prepared questions] – small group leads speak and translate French, direct conversation
• Collaborate with Cassigneuls, and Christophe Colette and his French students,
Arnaud Blin and Maryvonne Lepine
Les Hirondelles Beach Ceremony (Full) [anthems (FR/Can), Dramatic, wreath?, special presentations? readings, singers
• Stele Ceremony (Full) [Dramatic continued, wreathe? Poem,...]
• Cemetery Ceremony Beny sur Mer (Full) [Dramatic ? Wreath?
Tent (Full) [Audio visual display]
• Collaboration with Mayor Jean-Paul DuCoulombier, school officials and students in Saint Aubin-Sur-Mer
• Carpiquet Ceremony (Full) [Dramatic finished, wreaths, anthems]
Chateau de Verseilles
Posted: September 25, 2018
- Paint the colour wheel provided appropriately
- Colour a colouring page from the internet. Colour using complimentary OR analogous colours. You can print and colour by hand or online using Photoshop or artrage
- Get a photograph (your own or from internet but must be copyright-free) and re-colour the image using complimentary colours OR analagous colours (the colour relationship that you didn't use on assignment 2). Use Photoshop. See the lesson below
- Reflection 2 - A) Find a busy screen shot of a movie or TV show that you like. B) Print the image off and glue it in your sketch book. On a SEPARATE piece of paper. C) Pull out the main colours in this picture making a colour palette. D) Reflection - Why do you think they choose those colours? Did they use any of the colour relationships? Is it effective? Are the better choices for colour that you would prefer?
Posted: September 24, 2018
- Vidéo et budget - le 26 septembre
- Quiz - fédéral, provincial, municipal, tribu - le 27 septembre
- Refaire Vote Compass - le 1er octobre
- Test - note d'introduction et le gouvernment - le 5 octobre
Posted: September 21, 2018