Posted: September 3, 2020
Computer Aided Drafting 120
Part 1:Materials Needed: Binder, Pen, Pencil, Eraser and Calculator
Part 2: Classwork and homework are an essential part of this courses. Only by completing and keeping up in assignments can you expect success in this course.
Part 3: Attendance: Be on time and have all materials for class. Your attendance is essential to pass this course. You are expected to pick up any homework missed due to absence.
Part 4: Classroom Procedures and Marking Scheme: Lecture, note taking, exercises, worksheets and drawings.
Marks: a) Tests 20% each term
b) Assignments 20% each term
c) Class Marks 10% each term
d) Drawings 50% each term
Absenteeism and marks
A legitimate absence is for school related activities, illness or bereavement.
Group marks will be earned based on your days ‘present’ and working with your team. For example, if a project takes ten class days to complete and the group receives a mark of 80%; but you were only there for 5 days you would receive a 40%. Even if you have a legitimate reason for being absent the expectation is that you will make up for the time you missed by contributing to the group from home or working during study block when you are able. Alternatively, if you know you are going to be absent you may choose to work alone if the teacher gives you that option.
In-class project marks/eco-points/shop/co-op marks
You will be marked based on the number of days that you are present and participating in class. If, for example, you earn a shop mark of 70% and you were there 90% of the time your mark would be 63%.
If you are absent, during a science lab without a legitimate written excuse, you will receive a mark of zero and the teacher will not make up the lab for you. If you have a legitimate excuse and it is within his/her ability to do, the teacher may allow you to make up the lab.
Late assignment policy:
· To get full marks, assignments need to be handed in by the assigned due date.
· For every date late, after the assignment due date, 10% will be deducted from the mark (up to a maximum of 40%). Weekends count as one day.
· If a student is absent on a due date, a written legitimate excuse from a parent or guardian must be presented upon the student’s return, or the late-day deductions will apply.
· A student’s mark cannot be lower than 60% given that the student deserves a passing grade on the assignment to begin with. Any work getting a mark of less than 60% will receive that grade.
· In order to be graded, all work must be handed in no later than one week after the given due date of the assignment. Term marks are final.