Posted: September 15, 2020
*Please note, due to materials and students ability projects in this outline are subject to change. The categories and break down of grades will stay the same.
*Creating, making, and presenting
*Understanding and connecting context of time, place and community
*Perceiving, reflection and responding
This course emphasizes the elements of art and the principles of design, colour theory, art history and art vocabulary.
Students will leave this course with a strong foundation in design, drawing, painting and sculpture.
Problem solving and decision-making are emphasized throughout this course.
If at any time a student is having difficulty, extra help is available during lunch hour.
Students are encouraged to bring their own pencils and erasers, all other art supplies will be provided. Students can bring their own markers, pencil crayons and what not but will be responsible for storing them in their lockers.
- To get full marks, assignments need to be handed in by the assigned due date.
- For every date late, after the assignment due date, 10% will be deducted from the mark (up to a maximum of 40%). Weekends count as one day.
- If a student is absent on a due date, a written excuse from a parent or guardian must be presented upon the student’s return, or the late-day deductions will apply.
- A student’s mark cannot be lower than 60% given that the student deserves a passing grade on the assignment to begin with. Any work getting a mark of less than 60% will receive that grade.
- In order to be graded, all work must be handed in no later than 1 week after the given due date of the assignment. Term marks are final.
* 30%- sketchbook/journal: On the days you are not in class you will be given a sketchbook topic to draw in detail.
* 30%- classwork: any worksheets or small art projects, participation (use class time wisely)
* 40%- portfolio: major art projects
* Elements of Art- using the 7 elements to create and design a 3D cube
-Abstract circle drawing- using the 7 elements
-small warm up worksheets
-1 point perspective landscape or interior room and word perspective
* Painting- colour theory: colour- understanding how colours work and mix
-Cubism: Pablo Picasso
* Sculpture- mini clay animals
* Research project- Careers in art: research and make a poster on: animator, fashion design, graphic designer, industrial designer, spatial design, 3D product design, digital/multimedia, arranging/ display
* Within the 8 weeks of this course art appreciation and famous arts will be built in to each topic we cover.