Posted: February 12, 2014

With the bad weather predicted for Friday we were left with a choice of cancelling the trip or getting to Moncton before the storm which is expected to begin Thursday evening.  Otherwise, if we wait and school is cancelled on Friday we will not be allowed to drive that evening.  It is also not permitted to drive from 12-6am in the morning to get us to the airport for Saturday morning.  The superintendant and the Transportation manager have recommended in order to ensure our safety and the safety of the bus driver we will now be leaving Thursday at noon and we will stay at the airport hotel in Moncton for Thursday and Friday night.  It is not an option to travel on your own to Moncton in the bad weather. There is a Tim’s near the hotel and students can order in Thursday evening and Friday.  Students should pack food and snacks as there will still be little time on our travel day for getting food from restaurants.  . There is a hot complimentary breakfast provided both days (starting at 3 a.m.). We understand that this is a disruption for everyone, but we have a fabulous team working on our behalf: the district has rescheduled the bus, SEVEC is paying for the two nights at the hotel, and the chaperones are making arrangements to have their courses covered and leave their families early.  The hotel has even agreed to provide us a room for team building and streaming the Olympics J!  If you have any questions you can call or text Mrs. Halas Moulton at 506 521 4809.