Posted: December 6, 2017
In response to your questions:
1. If a student gets removed from the trip by the school because of their mis-behaviour will the money be refunded?
2. If a student gets sick and needs to leave early or stay later is the teacher covered/staying with them? What happens to the chaperone to student ratio of the group that is left behind?
3. Can they use debit in Europe?
4. Do they need any immunizations?
5. How much can they buy in Europe and bring back without penalty?
1) No, this not a covered reason to cancel. Standard cancellation policies apply, however if they are being replaced by another student, the cancellation fee is reduced. If the traveller/family upgrades to the PLUS travel protection plan, they could claim 75% of the cancellation fee through the 'cancel for any reason' cover.
2) If a chaperone needs to fly home with a student, they would need to have travel protection too (for the flight cost to be covered). In the case of this tour, there would still be enough board-approved chaperones to look after the remaining students, even if a particular school's ratio dropped down from such an incident. If a student is hospitalised and the tour needs to continue to the next destination, the plan actually covers the cost of an adult family member to fly over the Europe to be with the student.
3) Yes, debit cards are accepted. I would just be careful about how many times you would use them. ie. don't rely on interac/eftpos for every transactions or purchase, as the Canadian bank will likely charge you $5 every time! Instead, use it to withdraw Euros once or twice during the tour. This sort of thing is included in our pre-departure information, so we'll go through all this in 12-15 months time.
4) No vaccines are required for the countries you are travelling to, however it is recommended that travellers are up to date with their standard shots (measles, tetanus, the flu shot is usually a good idea too)
5) $800 worth of goods is the limit for overseas purchases, before you may have to pay duty. This amounts may change between now and when you travel.